As the world continues to change at a rapid pace so do the skills required for new students entering the workforce.
In the first season of our podcast, Competencies without a Classroom, we interviewed hiring managers, entrepreneurs, CEOs, and experts from a variety of industries to learn the skills they value when building out their 21st-century teams.
We've compiled all of the podcast episodes and turned them into activities for your students, complete with a teacher guide and slideshow presentation.
Whether your students are just beginning their educational journey or are ready to dive into the workforce, the skills and tips shared by the season one podcast guests will help your students learn:
- The 21st-century skills needed in today's (and tomorrow's) workforce
- How to stand out from other candidates when applying for jobs
- Life skills for success beyond high school
Click on the resources below to use them with your students.
The teacher guide outlines each of the 21 lessons in the package and includes:
- Timestamps that when clicked, automatically start and stop the video
- Discussion questions linked to each section of the video
- Vocabulary for students
- Answers to the discussion questions
We’ve created Google Slides for each lesson plan in the package. Use the slides together as a class, or share them with students and have them complete the lessons independently.
Prefer docs to slides? This Google Docs package includes handouts for each lesson plan below. Just hand out/share the Google Doc associated with a particular lesson plan, or upload the full package to your online learning platform to have students work at their own pace.