This week’s guest is well on his way to becoming a future leader. While the rest of us were catching up on Netflix originals, keeping up with the latest TikTok dances, and learning to bake sourdough bread, he spent his quarantine developing an app.
Meet Marco Soares, 15-year-old developer and creator of MathCrack, an all-in-one smart calculator that can solve math problems a usual calculator can't solve. MathCrack is customizable, interactive, and a hit amongst his friends at school.
As we move into an increasingly digital era, Marco believes that every student should have the opportunity to learn the basics of programming to connect their passions to our digital world.
In this episode, we chat about topics including:
- Why and how Marco built MathCrack
- The struggles he faced along the way, and how he turned these struggles into a learning and growth opportunity
- The value of project-based learning and team-based learning
- Why we should all strive to be lifelong learners
MathCrack is available for download via IOS and Android today! Give it a download and provide Marco with your thoughts and feedback on his newest project.
- Download MathCrack for IOS on the Apple App Store
- Download MathCrack for Android on the Google Play Store
- Read Marco’s book recommendation, Rules of Play by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman, to learn more about game design fundamentals
- Read Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal
Missed last week's episode? Listen to it now.