The professional environment is rapidly evolving, especially in tech and sales.
Whether you are on your way to post-secondary education, focused on a passion project, or are struggling to figure out what path is right for you, the truth is, everyone's path is different and that’s okay.
This week's guest is urging you to “stay focused on your own vision and ignore the noise”.
When you find yourself lost, do not look back. Just look forward.
Meet Scott Barker, a man who wears many hats.
He runs a management consulting company, is Head of Partnerships at Sales Hacker, and Head of Strategic Engagement at a software company called Outreach. He also hosts a podcast, writes a weekly newsletter, and acts as an advisor for various startup companies.
In this week's episode, Scott stresses the importance of being a lifelong learner. The ability to continuously and willingly take on new skills, outlooks, and ideas will only drive you further.
Who knows, maybe one day you will reach a point in which work feels a lot like play.
In this episode, we chat about topics including:
- The positive impact of adopting healthy habits
- The value of proper communication and writing in digestible formats
- Several sales opportunities for those looking to break into tech
- Going outside of the parameters and applying yourself to stand out
- Letting go of potential judgment and staying focused on yourself
- Refraining from stressing about the choices you make after high school, your path can change at any point and that is perfectly fine
What is one way you went outside of the box to stand out and showcase passion in YOUR classroom?
Let us know on Twitter and continue the conversation by using the hashtag #ComptenciesPodcast.
- Connect with Scott via Linkedin
- Follow Scott and his travel adventures on Instagram
- Learn about Scott’s outlooks on life through his newsletter The Forecast
- Listen to The Sales Engagement Podcast, highlighting Sales and Marketing best practices
- Read Scott's book of choice, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Learn more about tech and sales by listening to Episode 8, Episode 9 and Episode 10