This week’s guest teaches us to lead our lives by being curious.
Meet Zoe Share - a former kindergarten teacher turned CEO of Schmooz Media, a Toronto marketing agency.
Schmooz Media believes in the importance of social impact. They work with a variety of companies to add value to their communities and drive growth in numbers all while demonstrating purpose.
Zoe Shares (pun intended) with us that, through letting herself explore her own curiosity and not put herself in a box (something that many of us feel the need to do), she was able to lead with her curiosity. It’s so important to believe in what you’re good at but it's equally important to show up in places that you may struggle in, to explore new thoughts, and ultimately grow.
Whether you're more of a creative or an analytical type, marketing offers a variety of paths you can take.
In this episode, we chat about topics including:
- Embracing curiosity
- The different paths you can take to pursue marketing (creative or analytical)
- Taking accountability and following up with employers
- Reacting with intention and strengthening problem-solving skills through practical empathy
- The importance of understanding why we think the way we do
How are you embracing curiosity in YOUR classroom?
Let us know on Twitter using the hashtag #CompetenciesPodcast
- Check out the work Zoe is doing at Schmooz Media and learn more about the world of digital marketing
- Listen to Zoe’s podcast, The Brand Voice
- Connect with Zoe on LinkedIn
- Follow Zoe on Instagram
- Follow Schmooz Media on Instagram
- Email Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org