One piece of paper cannot showcase the full realm of anyone’s story or what they’re capable of.
That’s why Scotiabank has begun taking a new approach to hiring. Rather than taking resumes, their focus is on building relationships.
Meet Jena Cammisoli - Canadian Campus Recruitment and Programs Leader at Scotiabank.
She’s full of energy and loves the way that youth and students challenge her to think differently.
Jena began her journey with Scotiabank as a summer intern.
Through taking initiative and seeking out new opportunities for growth and development, she began to grow with the company as the years went on, leading her to where she is today!
Each year, members of the Scotiabank campus recruitment team meet thousands of incredible students in search of individuals who take initiative to stand out amongst the crowd.
In this episode, we chat about topics including:
- The benefits that come from taking risks
- The true value in a good attitude and a willingness to work hard
- How taking initiative can help you stand out amongst your peers
- The importance of learning from your and being resilient in times of failure
- How to assess and think critically about goalsetting
- How being a part of a team or club is the best way to learn true teamwork and collaboration
Scotiabank offers an incredible Student and New Graduate Internship program, seeing the value in early talent, and funneling them into new opportunities to learn and grow within the company.
The program is focused around pushing students to reach their greatest potential and put new fresh ideas into action. All while helping customers, families, and communities in a variety of ways.
This year, Scotiabank and myBlueprint have teamed up to provide $30,000 in post-secondary scholarships to support your financial wellness and help fund post-secondary aspirations.
How are you pushing your students to take initiative and seek out new opportunities in YOUR classroom? Let us know on Twitter using the hashtag #CompetenciesPodcast
- Learn more about new graduate opportunities offered by Scotiabank
- Learn more about the myBlueprint x Scotiabank Scholarship program
- Full application details
- Connect with Jena on Linkedin
- Read Start with Why - How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Watch this Ted Talk on power poses and body language by Amy Cuddy