Our Privacy Pledge
Spaces by myBlueprint is committed to the following principles with respect to your personal information:
- We take the protection of your information seriously.
- We do not use the personal information of K-12 students for any marketing or targeted advertising.
- We store data in a highly secure Microsoft Azure datacenter. Microsoft Azure provides industry-leading compliance and privacy certifications to keep student data in the Spaces product safe.
- We maintain a comprehensive security program reasonably designed to protect the privacy, security and confidentiality of your personal information against risks – such as unauthorized access or use, or unintended or inappropriate disclosure - through administrative, technological, and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We do not own your personal information.
- We do not use your personal information to build a personal profile of you other than for supporting authorized educational or school purposes or as authorized by you or your parent or guardians
Doublethink Inc. o/a myBlueprint and Spaces (“Spaces”, “we” , “our”, “us”) recognizes the importance of your right to privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose any personal information that individually identifies you (e.g. name, phone number, e-mail address). It also describes your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
Parent/Guardian Consent Requirement
We provide schools, school administrators and teachers with notices required under applicable law. Additionally, upon request from a school, school administrator or teacher that has established an account with Spaces for use in the classroom, we provide the school with a description of the types of personal information that we collect, an opportunity to review the personal information of students, and/or have the information deleted, and the opportunity to prevent further use or online collection of a student’s personal information as required by applicable law.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal information means any information about an identified or identifiable individual. Anonymous Data means data that is not associated with or linked to any individual’s personal information or will not easily permit the identification of individuals. This includes data about how users interact with the Services. Spaces does not consider personal information to include Anonymous Data. The types of personal information that we may collect when using our Site and Services include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- all content that you create or share in video, text, images, and other media files that you provide on or through the Services, or that are provided on your behalf;
When you use our Services, we will also know what school you attend and the city and state or province in which you go to school, and we may combine that information with information we have from your account.
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to provide you with our Services. We also collect, use and disclose your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and as otherwise may be permitted or required by applicable laws. We will only use the personal information that we collect for the purposes for which it was collected. We collect your personal information for the following purposes and in accordance with applicable laws:
- to provide you with access to our App and Services;
- to establish and maintain commercial relations with you;
- to identify and contact you when you request our Services;
- to respond to your questions that you send by email or through our Site;
- to contact you about the App and Services, including notifying you about updates;
- subject to applicable law, to notify you about other App and services provided by Spaces, which may be of interest to you;
- subject to applicable law, to provide you with newsletters and articles;
- to customise the appearance of the Site, App and Services displayed to you;
- to obtain your feedback regarding our App and Services;
- to track behavioural information on the Site and App to serve similar content upon future visits;
- to improve the Site and App and help us develop new services, apps, tools and Site features;
- to support our business functions such as internal business processes; and
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
We do not collect, maintain, use or share your personal information beyond that needed to provide you with our Services, for authorized educational/school purposes, or for the purposes listed above as authorized by you or your parent or guardian.
When Do We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using our Services. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- use our Site, App and our Services;
- register, update or create an account on our Site, App or through a third-party service;
- sign into your account;
- send us a question or comment by email, message, or phone;
- register to receive newsletters, articles and updates about our services; and
- otherwise participate in features of our Site, App and our Services that ask for or require personal information.
How Do We Store Your Personal Information?
We securely store your personal information in the United States or Canada, depending on where you reside. We maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal information that you provide to us is exchanged on a secure server. We store data in a highly secure Microsoft Azure datacenter. Microsoft Azure provides industry-leading compliance and privacy certifications to keep student data in Spaces safe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
We take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account on our Site, however, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any other account information. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that our employees are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information and that unauthorized persons do not gain access to personal information that we have disposed of or destroyed.
Limiting Collection of Personal Information
Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
We may generate Anonymous Data from personal information collected through the Site, App and Services by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to an individual. This includes information about how users interact with certain areas of the Services. We anonymize personal information collected through the Site, App or Services by de-identifying records such that individual records cannot be linked back to an original student record system or to other individual records from the Spaces database. We may use this Anonymous Data and aggregated data for any purpose and disclose such data to third parties in our sole discretion.
When we contract with a school district to provide access to our Site, App, or Services to you, we will work with the school district to determine whether we are a “school official” under FERPA. In cases where we are designated as a “school official,” we will be under the direct control of the school district or educational institution with respect to the use and disclosure of your personal information.
We retain your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to ensure your compliance with our Terms of Service, and to comply with our legal obligations. Prior to the start of each academic year, we review user account activity to confirm that each user has accessed their account in the preceding 18 months. If a user has not accessed their account during this period, subject to legal or contractual requirements, we will delete the personally identifying information associated with that account by running a script that will permanently delete the account and all associated personally identifying information from our database. We also delete your personal information upon termination of your account, and do not knowingly retain your personal information beyond the time period required to support the provision of our Services to you, and/or to support authorized educational or school purposes, or purposes authorized by you or your parent or guardian.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to service providers, data processors and other third parties (“Third Parties”) under the following limited circumstances:
- when necessary to protect our safety, property or other rights, our representatives, customers and users of the Site, App and Services, including to detect and prevent fraud;
- with your consent; or
- when otherwise required or permitted by law. When permitted under applicable law, we will provide you with notice if we receive a government or legal request for your personal information.
If you are a student, your parent or guardian, as well as your teacher and an administrator from your school and/or school district, may view and access all of your personal information, content and activity associated with your account. If you are a teacher, you will be able to access and edit all information, including personal information, about the students in your classroom.
If the context in which we collect or use your personal information changes, we will obtain your consent in accordance with applicable law prior to such changes becoming effective. In the event that we experience a data breach that results in the release of your unencrypted personal information to an unauthorized third party, we will provide notification to you and to relevant legal authorities without unreasonable delay in accordance with applicable law. We will also take reasonable steps to conduct a threat assessment and remedy the impact of any data breach on you.
Links to Other Sites and Privacy Policies of Other Sites
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technology
As you interact with this Site, we may use automatic data collection technology and services that record and collect information that identifies your computer, tracks your use of this Site and collects certain other information about you and your surfing habits. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies on this Site to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors.
What Are Cookies and Web Beacons?
A cookie is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store settings in the browser. Web beacons are an invisible image file used for tracking purposes. Web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies.
We may use web beacons on this Site to:
- count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize this Site and improve your experience at our Site.
- include web beacons in HTML- formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened. Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits; and (iv) other sites a user visited before visiting our Site.
We may also employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to:
- collect information about your use of, and activities on, our Site for our use and for use by third parties that serve advertisements about Spaces on other sites you may visit.
- use third party service providers, such as Google AdSense or AdWords, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising service providers may collect information about your visits to our Site, and your interactions with our Services.
- use the information about your visits to other sites to allow third party service providers to target advertisements for services available from Spaces.
You can set your internet browser up so that you are notified when cookies are stored, you can decide in each individual case whether you want to accept cookies, or you can refuse to accept any cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be restricted in how you are able to use our Site. You can delete cookies which are already stored on your browser at any time. You will find more details on how to do this in the operating guide for your Internet browser program.
You can set your internet browser to prohibit the installation of cookies that are utilized by the analytics services that we use. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be restricted in how you are able to use our Site.
Personal Information and Data Protection Rights
Your personal information is subject to International data transfer or jurisdiction laws. Compliance with International data transfer laws will be handled by a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) or other contact.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You may request access to or copies of your personal information which we may hold by contacting us at the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information we hold about you. There is no cost for these access requests unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information if the information cannot be separated from the personal information of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or commercial confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will advise you of the reasons access is being denied, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
The right to rectification - You may request to update, change, or correct your personal information at the contact information set forth below. You have the right to request that we correct or complete any personal information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, the amended information shall be transmitted to third parties having access to such information. If you have any concerns about your information that was provided by your school, school district and/or teacher, please contact these parties directly.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the information we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
We comply with the United States CAN-SPAM Act, a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients of such messages the right to opt-out. We will not send you electronic communications in contravention of this law. As part of signing up to receive the Services, you may have also opted in to receive email communications from us. If you opted-in to receive such communications, we may use the information to: communicate with you regarding our products, Services and promotions; provide you with other information that you request; and/or improve our product and service offerings.
You will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving any of our e-mail or other communications at any time and we will ensure that our e-mails include instructions on how to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive future e-mails from us. We provide an on-going opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of contact by us by accessing our Site or by e-mail to email@example.com or by calling us at 1-416-901-5555.
Personal Information of Children
How to Contact Us
- see your personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or delete it from our files;
- ask that we not send you electronic communications or otherwise contact you;
Contact Spaces at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-416-901-5555. You can also mail us at the address below:
168 Bedford Road, Second Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5R 2K9
How to Contact the Appropriate Authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office